September 14, 2023
435 Martin Street, Suite 4000
Blaine, WA 98230
Planning Commission Meeting
Thursday, September 14, 2023
- CALL TO ORDER
- ROLL CALL
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES
July 13, 2023
4. AUDIENCE COMMENTS
This time on the agenda is an opportunity for anyone to speak to the Planning Commission about any topic except items scheduled on the agenda for a public hearing that same day, or items that have had a public hearing and are still under Planning Commission deliberation. Comments are limited to three minutes per speaker, and up to fifteen minutes total.
5. PUBLIC HEARING and DELIBERATION.
The Planning Commission will accept public testimony and deliberate on a citizen and City-initiated request1 and application for a Zoning Text Amendment to amend the Title 17 of the Blaine Municipal Code as follows: Amend Blaine Municipal Code Chapter 17.68 – Planned Unit Developments (PUD) to:
- Amend BMC 17.68.120.A.1 to eliminate the exclusion of manufactured and mobile homes to remedy an inconsistency with RCW 35.21.312; and
- Amend Table 17.68.C to include mobile/manufactured and modular homes and manufactured home parks, and show those as a permitted use in a PUD located in the Planned Residential zone, consistent with the standards for manufactured homes contained in BMC 17.112 and with the permitted uses in the Planned Residential Zoning District as listed in BMC 17.42.020.
1 Per Resolution 1929-23 adopted by the City Council at their September 11, 2023 meeting, the CDS Department has been directed to reinstate the text amendment process for manufactured home park regulations as both a citizen initiated text amendment and a Council initiated text amendment
- Public Notice - Publishing
- Public Notice - Interested Parties
- Public Comments
- Planning Commission Materials
- Applicant Information regarding feasibility of Manufactured Home Park on property less than 5 acres
Additional public comments submitted after staff memorandum was issued:
- Correspondence from Rachael Catrell dated September 12, 2023
- Correspondence from Jackie Braverman dated September 11, 2023
- Correspondence from Lance and Marci McCarthy dated September 11, 2023
- Correspondence from Marija Boothe dated September 13, 2023
- Correspondence from Craig R. Parkinson, PE, Cascade Engineering Group, PS, Inc dated September 13, 2023
- Correspondence from Inger C. Brockman, Montgomery Purdue PLLC dated September 13, 2023
- Correspondence from Glenys Killow dated September 13, 2023
6. UNFINISHED BUSINESS.
7. NEW BUSINESS
8. INFORMATIONAL ITEMS
Planning Commissioners may update the Commission on relevant news and events. The Department may provide updates on the status of work program items; answer questions raised in public comment; and respond to questions and concerns from the Planning Commission.