July 27, 2020
GoToMeeting: For members of the public who want to listen to the meeting, call the number below (Toll-Free): 1-866-899-4679. Follow the instructions given by GoToMeeting. The Access Code is below: 313-865-549
City Council Meeting
Monday, July 27, 2020
CITY OF BLAINE
CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
Monday, July 27, 2020
Bonnie Onyon – Mayor
Mary Lou Steward – Mayor Pro Tem
Due to Governor Inslee’s proclamation in response to COVID-19, this City Council meeting will be conducted entirely through teleconference. Councilmembers will separately call into the meeting and the public will be able to listen live as the meeting happens. All callers will be muted during the meeting. All City Council meeting recordings are on the City’s website. Instructions on how to listen live to the City Council meeting are below:
For members of the public who want to listen to the meeting, call the number below (Toll-Free):
Follow the instructions given by GoToMeeting. The Access Code is below:
CALL TO ORDER
Moment of Silence and Pledge of Allegiance **Please turn of all cell phones and other electronics that may interfere with the sound system**
COUNCILMEMBERS: Garth Baldwin, Eric Davidson, Charlie Hawkins, Richard May, Bonnie Onyon, Alicia Rule, and Mary Lou Steward.
Items listed below will be enacted by one motion. If separate discussion is desired on an item, that item may be removed from the Consent Agenda and placed on the Regular Agenda at the request of a Councilmember.
1. Voucher Memo:
Approval of Bills: $144,234.86
Advance Pay: $9,322.76
2. Approval of July 13, 2020, City Council Minutes
3. Resolution 1824-20, Confirming Emergency Order EO20-09 Issued by the City Manager regarding public meeting formats.
4. Resolution 1823-20, Extending the Expiration Timeline for the Bridges Phase II Preliminary Plat for One Year (New Expiration Date: August 23, 2021).
COUNCIL ACTION ITEMS
1. Authorizing the City Manager to enter into a Purchase and Sale Agreement Amendment with Family Care Network.
2. Granting the City Manager authority to enter into a purchase and sale agreement for 665 Peace Portal Drive with Nimbus LLC.
3. Ordinance, 20-2949, providing for the issuance and sale of not to exceed $6,500,000 principal amount of water and sewer revenue refunding bonds to refund certain outstanding water and sewer revenue bonds of the City and to pay the costs of issuance and sale of the bonds; fixing or setting parameters with respect to certain terms and covenants of the bonds; appointing the City’s designated representative to approve the final terms of the sale of the bonds; and providing for other related matters.
4. Reevaluating Police Annex Expansion Funding.
5. Considering an amendment to the City’s 2020 Legislative Agenda regarding the Bell Road grade separation initiative.
6. Interlocal cost sharing agreement related to COVID-19 health crisis.
COMMISSION, COMMITTEE AND BOARD REPORTS
Countywide Governmental Cooperation Meeting – Michael Jones
Small Cities Meeting Report – Bonnie Onyon
Finance – Jeff Lazenby
a. Mid-Year Financial Report
City Manager – Michael Jones
Public Works Director Hiring
Community Development Services – Stacie Pratschner
a. Economic Development Programs in Response to COVID19
Public Works – Bob Hammond
Police Chief – Donnell Tanksley
a. Blaine Police Department: Operational Snapshot
Due to COVID-19 and the Governor’s Proclamation, meetings are now only open to the public telephonically. Information on how to listen to the meeting live will be on the City Council agenda which is located on the City’s website homepage under Your Government, City Council, City Council Agenda. Please check the agenda prior to each meeting as the call in number or location may change.
Monday, August 10
6:00pm – Regular City Council Meeting
Tuesday, August 11
8:00am – Blaine Tourism Advisory Committee Meeting
Thursday, August 13
9:00am – Parks and Cemetery Board Meeting
Thursday, August 13
6:00pm – Planning Commission Meeting
All City offices are currently closed to the public. Contact information for staff and Councilmembers can be found on the City’s website.
COUNCIL NEW BUSINESS
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Requirement: The meeting location is accessible. If you require a special accommodation during your attendance at any public meeting, please contact the City Clerk’s Office (360) 332-8311 at least 24 hours prior to the meeting date you will be attending. Thank you.