Runge Ave Residence
Notice is hereby given that on December 14, 2022 and January 10, 2023 the Community Development Services Department received an application for a Variance and Critical Area Review request to authorize placement of a modular single-family residence on a site containing a Category III wetland and associated buffer. The proposal includes the following requests: 1) A proposal for a Reasonable Use Exception under BMC 17.82.140 to authorize placement of a modular home, to be used as a new single-family residence within wetland buffer areas and a reduction of the building setback from the reduced wetland buffer from 10-feet to 5-feet, and 2) A Variance under BMC 17.06.170 for the following: a) Reduction in the Residential-Low Zoning District front yard setback from 25-feet to 10-feet; b) Reduction in the side yard setback from 8-feet to 5-feet along east property line; and c) Reduction in the required parking stalls from 2 stalls to one stall. A wetland mitigation plan has been submitted with the request.
The Public Hearing has been scheduled for 10:00 AM Monday, May 22, 2023, in the City Council chambers located at 435 Martin Street, Suite 4000.
Advanced written testimony by mail and email is accepted by sending comments to:
- Community Development Services Department, Attn: Stacy Clauson, 435 Martin Street, Suite 3000, Blaine WA 98230;
- Email CDScomments@cityofblaine.com with the proposal name (Runge Ave Residence) in the subject line; or
- Fax (360) 332-8330.
You may also provide testimony at the public hearing. Anyone wishing to testify during the public hearing can find details at https://www.ci.blaine.wa.us/1074/Hearing-Examiner
Note: The written record has been held open to 12:00PM on Friday, May 26, 2023.
Please click on the circle next to the item(s) you would like to review below.
4 - Site Plan
- Land Use Master Invoice, received December 14, 2022
- Critical Area Review Application form, received December 14, 2022 and signed on January 10, 2023 (Note: Exhibit updated with original wetland report and site plan on May 22, 2023)
- Variance Application form, received January 10, 2023
- Receipt for Payment of Fees, dated January 11, 2023
- Building Floor Plans, received February 23, 2023
- Building Elevation Drawings, received February 23, 2023
- Modular Home Construction Specifications, received February 23, 2023
- Site Plan, received February 27, 2023
- Mitigation Plan completed by Northwest Wetlands Consulting LLC, received February 27, 2023
- Determination of Complete Application, issued February 27, 2023
- Notice of Application, dated March 8, 2023
- Certified Mailing Receipts, received March 2, 2023
- Affidavit of Publication, dated March 8, 2023
- Affidavit of Mailing, received March 2, 2023
- Affidavit of Posting, received March 2, 2023
- Correspondence from Joel Nielsen, Deputy Fire Marshall, North Whatcom Fire and Rescue dated February 28, 2023
- Correspondence from Jeannie Mayotte, City of Blaine Public Works Department, dated April 7, 2023
- Summary of Key Standards for Residential Low Zoning District
- SEPA Exemption Determination, issued April 21, 2023
- Vicinity Map, created May 2, 2023
- Stebner’s Replat, recorded September 9, 1996
- Notice of Public Hearing, dated May 5, 2023
- Affidavit of Publication, dated May 5, 2023
- Affidavit of Mailing, dated May 5, 2023
- Affidavit of Posting, dated May 5, 2023