- Your Government
- Community Development Services
- Zoning Text Amendments
- East Harbor Hills LLC: Manufactured Homes and Planned Unit Developments
East Harbor Hills LLC: Manufactured Homes and Planned Unit Developments
Notice: Application has been withdrawn.
East Harbor Hills LLC has withdrawn their application for the zoning text amendment.
Private Amendment Request submitted by East Harbor Hills, LLC to amend Blaine Municipal Code Chapter 17.68 – Planned Unit Developments (PUD) to allow manufactured home parks and manufactured homes as an allowed use within a PUD in the Planned Residential zone.
The Residential PUD Standards (BMC 17.68.120) exclude manufactured home parks and manufactured homes as a housing type within a PUD. This means that even though manufactured homes and home parks are allowed within the Planned Residential (PR) zone (BMC 17.42.020), this same housing type is specifically prohibited as an option within a PUD. The applicant has submitted a zoning text amendment request to modify the Residential PUD Standards so that they better aligned with the PR permitted uses.
* THIS MEETING HAS BEEN CANCELLED * Public Hearing (April 13, 2023)
Comments submitted after Staff Memo issued
- Correspondence from Aida Malik and Mike Ingham dated April 6, 2023
- Correspondence from Bruce and Margaret Cook dated April 10, 2023
- Correspondence from Inger C. Brockman, Montgomery Purdue PLLC, dated April 11, 2023
- Correspondence from C Dean dated April 12, 2023
- Correspondence from Shanna Leeland dated April 21, 2023
- Correspondence from the McCarthy's dated April 21, 2023
- Attachment 1
- Attachment 2
- Attachment 3
- Attachment 4
- Attachment 5
- Attachment 5 (original) and Revised (dated April 10, 2023)
Planning Commission Deliberations (February 9, 2023)
Public Hearing (December 8, 2022)
- Community Development Services Staff Presentation
- East Harbor Hills LLC Applicant Presentation
- Meeting Minutes
At the December 8, 2022 meeting, the Planning Commission will accept public testimony and deliberate on a citizen request and application for a Zoning Text Amendment to amend the Title 17 of the Blaine Municipal Code as follows: Amend Blaine Municipal Code Chapter 17.68 – Planned Unit Developments (PUD) to allow manufactured home parks and manufactured homes as an allowed use within a PUD in the Planned Residential zone.
Note: The following additional comments were received after issuance of the staff report:
- Correspondence from Robert E Lee, Executive Director, Building Industry Association of Whatcom County received December 6, 2022
- Correspondence from Holly A Abrams, dated December 6, 2022
- Correspondence from April Hashimoto, dated December 6, 2022
- Correspondence from Lonnie Moore, dated December 8, 2022
Notice of Public Hearing - December 8, 2022 at 6pm
Revised Application Materials
- Proposed Amendment Language
- Reasons for the Request
- Response to Questions at August 11, 2022 Planning Commission Study Session
Planning Commission Study Session
August 11, 2022