Application Deadline (Open Until Filled)
$5,903 - $7,469 per month plus 5% Deferred Compensation
Under general direction of the Engineering Programs Director, performs professional-level engineering work activities involving water, sewer, electric, stormwater, and street system analysis and other municipal facility construction, including reviewing and preparing plans, project budgets, and change orders; works with private consultants, engineers, and developers on development improvement projects including review and management.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in civil engineering.
- Minimum of four years of increasingly responsible professional experience in public works, including two years of supervisory and administrative responsibility.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience that provide the incumbent with the necessary qualifications may be considered.
- Possess a valid State of Washington Driver’s License and appropriate insurance at the time of hire for work-related travel and operation of city vehicle. Driving record free of any significant moving violations.
- Pass appropriate background checks.
- Possession of a current Certificate of Registration as a Professional Civil Engineer in Washington state, or obtain the certificate within 6 months of hire.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
$5,903 - $7,469 per month plus 5% Deferred Compensation. The position is a member of the IAM bargaining group. The City offers an excellent benefit package including:
• Participation in WA State Retirement
• Health benefits at 90-percent
• Vision care benefits at 100-percent
• Dental benefits at 100-percent
• 12 paid holidays (10 plus 2 floating)
• 15 paid vacation days starting (up to 26 days)
• 12 annual sick leave days
• 5% Deferred Compensation
Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply for the position.
Open until filled.
The City of Blaine is an Equal Opportunity Employer.