Office Specialist - City Clerk's Office - Part-Time
First review deadline: Friday, August 7, 2020, at 4:30pm; Open Until Filled
Salary Range: $22.76 - $27.59 per hour - This is a non-benefited, part-time position.
Office Specialist - City Clerk Job Description
This position cannot exceed 69 hours in a month. The work schedule is Monday afternoons and Friday afternoons, with the third day being flexible with approval from the City Clerk.
The City of Blaine, Washington, is a coastal community of 5,000 people, with a unique location on the US/Canada border. Blaine offers a small town environment just outside a major metropolitan area. Blaine is only 45 minutes from downtown Vancouver, British Columbia, one of the world’s most beautiful and dynamic cities. All major services are available in Bellingham, WA, only 30 minutes away, including shopping, theatres, dining, three colleges, a hospital and an airport. Interstate-5 provides easy access to Seattle, WA, two hours to the south.
Blaine offers access to unlimited outdoor recreation, with the inland marine waters of the Puget Sound and Georgia Straight for boating, fishing, and day trips to the San Juan Islands. The Cascade Mountains are less than an hour’s drive, offering hiking, skiing, camping, hunting and fishing. Locals like to boast that they can ski in the morning and sea kayak or golf in the afternoon.
Under the direction of the City Clerk, the Office Specialist performs a variety of complex and diverse clerical and administrative functions to support the City Clerk and general City operations. Activities typically include document coordination, processing, and scanning, coordinating cemetery information requests and sales, updating the City website, and processing customer requests. The position will receive specialized training and possible certifications to fulfill support duties.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Post-secondary education preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year of administrative experience required. Local government experience preferred.
- Minimum of one year of records and archiving experience at the government level preferred.
- Equivalent combination of post-secondary education and experience that provide the incumbent with the necessary qualifications may be considered.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and appropriate insurance at the time of hire for work related travel. (Driving record must be free of any significant moving violations).
- Must be licensed as a notary public in the State of Washington, or obtain within six (6) months of hire.
- Must pass required background checks appropriate for the position.
- Public Records Act training (within six months of hire).
- Open Public Meetings Act training (within six months of hire).
Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply for the position.
The first review deadline is 4:30 pm on Friday, August 7, 2020; open until filled.
The City of Blaine is an Equal Opportunity Employer.