Blaine Tourism Advisory Committee
The City of Blaine established the Blaine Tourism Advisory Committee to
more effectively develop its tourism and recreation economy. BTAC is
a seven member committee (5 voting and 2 non-voting members) which
serves as an advisory committee to the Blaine City Council and has the following duties:
- To implement and update the Blaine Tourism Marketing & Development Plan and to recommend changes to the City Council;
- To recommend to the City Council programs and projects that will further the development of the City’s tourism and recreation economy;
- To interface with the public and the business community in seeking input on matters relevant to tourism development;
- To evaluate current programs and provide the City Council and City Manager with suggestions and recommendations;
- To review the annual budget for the use of hotel/motel tax funds and to provide guidance to the City Manager and the City Finance Director in developing the annual budget to be approved by the City Council;
- Through an annual derived from the funds of hotel/motel tax, BTAC makes recommendations to City Council for the funding of programs and events that are consistent with the requirements of RCW 67.28 as well as the goals of the Tourism Marketing and Development Plan.
BTAC generally meets the second Tuesday of the month at 8:00 am in the Blaine City Hall Council Chambers. Please check the city's online event schedule or home page for the next meeting date. The public is welcome to attend the meetings. All meetings are held in compliance with the Open Public Meeting Law.
Contact Person: Debbie Harger, 360-543-9982